New arrivals in Canada in February include a new season of "Drive to Survive", FX's "Kindred", season 2 of "The Other Two", and more.
Hello, merry Boxing Day to those that observe, and happy holidays to all. This is the abbreviated December 26, 2022, edition of Watching This Week, the weekly newsletter from Where Can I Watch – covering the latest news on where TV shows and movies will be available in Canada.
This week, we have the listings for the next few days, but just that. We're still working on the monthly listings for January, which we hope to send out in the next few days, and we'll catch up on any news over the holiday period in our next regular newsletter on Monday, January 9.
One quick piece of news, in case you missed the update to the web version of last week's newsletter: the HBO Max docuseries The Last Movie Stars will finally be available in Canada on Hollywood Suite (available on most cable providers as well as Prime Video Channels) starting January 12. (Unfortunately our email provider mis-sorted the announcement when it was sent to us the previous Friday.) We've updated our existing post about the series with more details.
What's new this week – December 26–31
Compiled from our monthly listings and/or any subsequent updates we've come across. We strive for accuracy but schedules may change without notice. Some series/seasons may have weekly rollouts; we won't list new episodes every week (though we may note significant episodes such as series finales). Particularly notable premieres (in our rough estimation) are bolded. *An asterisk denotes programming added in past weeks that we've learned about (or has been rescheduled) since our last newsletter.
- Netflix: My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman (special episode with Volodymyr Zelenskyy – Dec. 12*); Treason (thriller series – Monday); Chelsea Handler: Revolution (stand-up special – Tuesday); Stuck with You (rom-com film – Wednesday); Brown and Friends (animated series – Thursday); Chicago Party Aunt (part 2 – Friday); Secrets of Summer (season 2 – Friday); Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021 film – Friday); White Noise (dark comedy film – Friday); Best of Stand Up 2022 (Saturday)
- Disney+: Edge of the Unknown with Jimmy Chin (Nat Geo Channel series – Wednesday); Me & Mickey (Disney Junior shorts – Wednesday); Crocodiles Revealed (Nat Geo Channel series – Friday)
- Crave: The Show: California Love (Showtime doc about the 2022 Super Bowl halftime show – Friday, Dec. 23*); Kingdom of Dreams (docuseries – Friday); Rocky franchise (1976–2006 films and 2020 doc – Friday); The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022 action comedy film – Friday); Zero Contact (2022 thriller film – Friday); This Place Rules (HBO doc from Andrew Callaghan – Friday); Lizzo: Live in Concert (HBO Max concert film – Saturday); Terror Train 2 (sequel to 2022 remake – Saturday)
- Prime Video: Island (Korean series – Friday); Litvinenko (British miniseries – Friday); The Storied Life Of A.J. Fikry (2022 film – Friday); Wildcat (drama film – Friday); Bullet Train (2022 Brad Pitt action film – Saturday)
- CBC Gem: The Great British Baking Show 2021–22 New Year special (Wednesday); Canada's New Year's Eve with Rick Mercer (Saturday on CBC TV [including live feeds on Gem] starting at 11:50 p.m. NT / 11:20 p.m. AT, and 11:00 p.m. local in all markets west)
- Paramount+ (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): Gatlopp: Hell of a Game (2022 horror comedy film – Tuesday)
- Citytv (also on Citytv+): Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest (Saturday starting at 8:00 p.m. ET; also on ABC)
- Ici Radio-Canada Télé (also on Ici Tou.tv): Bye Bye 2022 (Saturday at 11:00 p.m. local, midnight AT)
Thanks for reading – we greatly appreciate your support. If you like this newsletter, please consider forwarding to a friend who might be interested, or if you're in a position to do so, support our hosting costs with a paid subscription, which includes access to our movie streaming rights database, or on a one-time basis via our Buy Me a Coffee page.
A reminder that we do welcome questions by email at
email@example.com; those of general interest may be included in future newsletters unless specifically requested.
If you're new to Watching This Week, you can catch up on past editions here, and sign up to receive future editions on our website at https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/newsletter/. Or, if you're reading this on the web, you can use the form directly below.
We'll see you again next week.