News from early December 2022, including an update on "Pennyworth" on Showcase, and CBC's winter programming plans.
Hi there. Welcome to the September 26, 2022, edition of Watching This Week, the weekly newsletter from Where Can I Watch – covering the latest news on where TV shows and movies will be available in Canada.
This past week happens to have been busy for us, so we have an abbreviated newsletter this time focused on the programming for the week ahead. We'll aim to catch up on recent news, like the announcement of Pluto TV's Canadian programming plans when it launches on December 1, next week. We're also working on our monthly guide for October, which we plan to post later this week.
What's new this week – September 26–October 2
Compiled from our monthly listings and/or any subsequent updates we've come across. We strive for accuracy but schedules may change without notice. Some series/seasons may have weekly rollouts; we won't list new episodes every week (though we may note significant episodes such as series finales). The most notable premiere for each service (in our rough estimation) is bolded. *An asterisk denotes programming added in past weeks that we've learned about since our last newsletter.
- Netflix: Nick Kroll: Little Big Boy (stand-up special – Tuesday); Blonde (Marilyn Monroe historical drama film – Wednesday); Eat the Rich: The GameStop Saga (docuseries – Wednesday); Entergalactic (Kid Cudi animated "event" – Friday); Floor is Lava (season 3 – Friday); Phantom Pups (family series – Friday)
- Disney+: Reasonable Doubt (Kerry Washington legal drama series – Tuesdays); The D'Amelio Show (season 2 – Wednesdays); The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers (season 2 – Wednesdays); Hocus Pocus 2 (comedy/horror film – Friday)
- Crave: RuPaul's Drag Race UK (season 4 – began this past Thursday*); DC League of Super-Pets (2022 animated film – Monday); Chris Locke: Captain Bones (stand-up special – Friday); Nothing Compares (Sinéad O'Connor doc – Friday); Alice (2022 thriller film – Friday); Returning Home (residential school survivor doc – Friday); Yvonne Orji: A Whole Me (HBO stand-up special – Saturday)
- Starz (also available as an add-on/channel on Crave, Prime Video, and Apple TV): Ramy (season 3 – Friday)
- Prime Video: Infinite Storm (2022 adventure film – Monday); The Capture (season 2 – Friday); Jungle (rap music-infused drama series – Friday); My Best Friend's Exorcism (horror film – Friday)
- CBC Gem: Bimibatoo-win: Where I Ran (residential school survivor doc – Tuesday); virgins! (short-form dramedy series – Tuesday); Dreams in Vantablack (animated anthology series – Thursday); The Fifth Estate (season 48 – Thursdays; also on CBC TV); Overcoming Depression: Mind Over Marathon (docuseries – Friday); The Rest of Us (2019 drama film – Friday)
- Paramount+ (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): From (Epix horror series – Tuesday); numerous horror movies (Tuesday); Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years (season 2 – Friday); Like a Boss (2020 film – Friday)
- Apple TV+: The Greatest Beer Run Ever (drama film – Friday)
- BritBox (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): Suspect (mystery drama series – Tuesday)
- Hollywood Suite (also available as a channel on Prime Video): The Long Ride Home (2021 Indigenous documentary – Friday at 9:00 p.m. ET on HS 2000s Movies, as part of a day of programming commemorating the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation)
- CTV: more new and returning series, including La Brea (season 2 – Tuesdays at 9:00 p.m. ET), The Rookie: Feds (police drama spinoff – Tuesdays at 10:00 p.m. ET) and East New York (police drama – Sundays at 9:00 p.m. ET)
- Global (also on StackTV): more new and returning series, including Ghosts (season 2 – Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. ET); So Help Me Todd (dramedy – Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. ET); CSI: Vegas (season 2 – Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. ET)
- Citytv (also on Citytv+): Bachelor in Paradise (season 8 – premieres Tuesday at 8:00 p.m. ET; Mondays and Tuesdays at the same time thereafter)
- AMC (also available via AMC+ on Prime Video and Apple TV): The Walking Dead (season 11, part 3 [final 8 episodes] – Sundays at 9:00 p.m. ET)
Again, this week's newsletter is an abbreviated edition, but we plan to return to our usual format next week, including recent news and answers to recent Mailbag questions.
Thanks for reading – we greatly appreciate your support. If you like this newsletter, please consider forwarding to a friend who might be interested, or if you're in a position to do so, support our hosting costs with a paid subscription, which includes access to our movie streaming rights database, or on a one-time basis via our Buy Me a Coffee page.
A reminder that we do welcome Mailbag questions by email at
email@example.com; those of general interest may be included in future newsletters unless specifically requested.
If you're new to Watching This Week, you can catch up on past editions here, and sign up to receive future editions on our website at https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/newsletter/. Or, if you're reading this on the web, you can use the form directly below.
We'll see you again in a few days.