Posted March 23, 2020 • Last updated April 21, 2020
What's new on Crave in April 2020?
See what's new in April including "Good Boys", "Stuber", "It: Chapter Two", and new seasons of "Insecure" and "Vida".
We use affiliate links to help support the costs of hosting this website. If you make a purchase or sign up for a service using these links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more here.
Here's a look at what programming is coming to and leaving Bell Media's Crave and Starz pay TV and streaming services in April 2020.
This information is derived from Crave's monthly listings press release, combined with details from the April 2020 issue of Movie Entertainment, the Crave listings magazine, which we receive via subscription, and other press materials. We've annotated and resorted some of the information for ease of reference based on Crave tier and programming source.
There is a strong possibility of scheduling changes this month due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic impacting production schedules. Several talk-based shows were initially announced as going on hiatus, though some later resumed production remotely for the time being. Showtime has also announced that documentary series Outcry will be pushed back until later in 2020.
Programming is listed roughly chronologically based on first airings this month. Dates and times listed are for expected on-demand streaming availability unless otherwise noted. Airtimes on the Crave / HBO linear channels may vary.
As a reminder, Crave programming is divided into four tiers. For those subscribing directly through Crave.ca, Crave's base package costs $9.99 (all prices per month and before applicable taxes), Movies + HBO and Super Écran (French-language movies) are each an additional $9.99, and Starz is $5.99, with a one-week trial for new direct subscribers. Prices may vary when subscribing through a TV service provider.
New first-time subscribers can currently (through April 30) receive a 30-day trial when subscribing directly through Crave.ca. The one-month trial was previously standard for Crave, but lately the usual trial length has been only 7 days.
Crave (base service)
Showtime series & specials
- Vice – Showtime season 1, episodes 2-5 – Sundays (April 5, 12, 19, 26) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- Homeland – Season 8, episodes 9-12 – Sundays (April 5, 12, 19, 26) at 9:00 p.m. ET
- Black Monday – Season 2, episodes 5-6 – Sundays (April 5, 12) - at 10:00 p.m. ET; episodes 7-10 will now air "later this year"
- The Longest War (documentary) – Sunday, April 19 at 10:00 p.m. ET
- Penny Dreadful: City of Angels – Season 1, episode 1 – Sunday, April 26 at 10:00 p.m. ET
- Desus & Mero – Season 2 normally airs Mondays and Thursdays at 11:00 p.m. ET
Crave originals and other Canadian programming
- Transplant – Season 1, episodes 6-10 – Thursdays (April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30) (one day post-CTV)
- DNA Dinners – Season 1 – Friday, April 3 (previously aired on CTV Life)
- Unabomber: In His Own Words (documentary) – Friday, April 3 (previously aired on Discovery Canada)
- Cardinal – Season 4, episodes 1-4 – Tuesdays (April 7, 14, 21, 28) (one day post-CTV)
- Dark Side of the Ring (documentary series co-produced with Vice TV U.S.) – Season 2, episodes 4-7 – Tuesdays (April 7, 14, 21, 28) at 10:00 p.m. ET
- Flour Power: Twists on the Classics – Friday, April 10 (previously aired on CTV Life)
- Graham Kay: Stupid Jokes (Just for Laughs comedy special) – Friday, April 17
- Pressure's On – Friday, April 24 (previously aired on CTV Life)
- Spencer's Big 30 – Friday, April 24 (previously aired on CTV Life)
Other acquired series
- Brockmire – Season 4, episodes 3-7 – Thursdays (April 2, 9, 16, 23, 30) (one day post-IFC)
- RuPaul's Drag Race – Season 12, episodes 6-9 – Fridays (April 3, 10, 17, 24) – airs on Crave 2 linear channel at approx. 8:35 p.m. ET/MT; available on-demand at 9:30 p.m. ET (joint window with OutTV)
- RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race – Season 1, episode 1 – Friday, April 24 – airs on Crave 2 linear channel at approx. 10:15 p.m. ET/MT; available on-demand at 11:00 p.m. ET (joint window with OutTV)
- The Voice – Season 18, episodes 8-11 – Tuesdays (April 7, 14, 21, 28) (one day post-CTV)
- The Detour – Season 4 – Friday, April 10 (previously aired on CTV Comedy)
- Bosch – Season 6 – Saturday, April 18 (one day post-Prime Video US)
- The Bold and the Beautiful (soap opera) – preceding week's episodes (previously aired on CTV2, usually 5 per week) available weekly on Tuesdays
- Pavrotti – Monday, April 6
- Sea of Life – Monday, April 13
Wow! World and other children's programming
- Ollie & Moon – Season 1B – Friday, April 3
- Peg + Cat – Season 2 – Friday, April 10
- Enchantimals: Spring into Harvest Hills and Enchantimals: Tales from the Everwilde – Friday, April 17
- Leaderboard Shorts (likely videos from Frederator's "The Leaderboard" channel?) – Friday, April 24
Leaving this month
- April 1: The Kennedys; The Kennedys: After Camelot
- April 4: 60 Minutes Sports (S4 E4)
- April 12: Blood, Sweat & Tools (S1 E1 - episodes 2 and 3 leave on the 19th and 26th); Kirk Fox: That Guy
- April 13: Making the Crooked Straight
- April 15: Gravity (2010 TV series)
- April 16: Tag
- April 17: Delilah & Julius
- April 18: Yo Gabba Gabba!
- April 25: The Amazing Adrenalini Brothers
- April 29: Mistresses
- April 30: Animal Mechanicals (S3); Ask Me About My Shirt; Cheerleaders in the Chess Club; Fireman Sam (Seasons 3, 8, 9); In the Night Garden (S4), League of Super Evil (S2); Locker Combo; Loser for President; Magi-Nation; Mona the Vampire (S3-4); Om Nom Stories; Otto's Walk; Pencilmation; Potatoes and Dragons; Rated A for Awesome; Roxanne & the Slam Poets Society; Sabrina: The Animated Series; Super Mario World; The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3; The Gigglebellies Musical Adventures; The Girl Without a Phone; The Pals in Minecraft Hotel; The Pals Play Fortnite; The Pals Play Roblox; The Pals Play Minecraft; Thirteen; Urban Vermin; Wolfoo; Wonderland High
Movies + HBO
*Indicates programs initially available only on the HBO Canada linear channels (which are available in the "on air" section of Crave's streaming apps). Crave sometimes refers to these as "live", which is usually true for Real Time, but for most others that may just mean they were taped or finalized that day and an advance feed was not available to Crave. Instead, the HBO linear channel relays the program directly from HBO U.S., and the program is processed for on-demand availability later.
HBO / Cinemax series and specials
- Strike Back (Cinemax series) – Season 7, episodes 8-10 (finale) – Fridays (April 3, 10, 17) at 10:00 p.m. ET
- High Maintenance – Season 4, episode 9 (finale) – Friday, April 3 at 11:00 p.m. ET
- Atlanta's Missing and Murdered: The Lost Children (limited documentary series) – episodes 1-4 – Sundays (April 5, 12, 19, 26) at 8:00 p.m. ET
- Westworld – Season 3, episodes 3-7 – Sundays (April 5, 12, 19, 26) at 9:00 p.m. ET
- The Plot Against America – episodes 4-6 (finale) – Mondays (April 6, 13, 20) at 9:00 p.m. ET
- My Brilliant Friend: The Story of a New Name (season 2) – episodes 4-7 – Mondays (April 6, 13, 20, 27) at 10:00 p.m. ET
- Insecure (season 4) – episodes 1-3 – Sundays (April 12, 19, 26) at 10:00 p.m. ET
- Run (season 1) – episodes 1-3 – Sundays (April 12, 19, 26) at 10:00 p.m. ET
- We're Here (season 1) – episodes 1-2 – Thursdays (April 23, 30) at 9:00 p.m. ET
- Bad Education (HBO original film) – Saturday, April 25 at 8:00 p.m. ET
- I Know This Much is True (limited series) – episode 1 –
Monday, April 27 at 9:00 p.m. ET Premiere rescheduled to Sunday, May 10
- Autism: The Sequel (documentary) – Tuesday, April 28 at 9:00 p.m. ET
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver – Season 7 normally airs Sundays at approximately 11:00 p.m. ET/MT on HBO linear channel*; available on demand Monday morning
- Real Time with Bill Maher – Season 18 normally airs Fridays live at 10:00 p.m. ET/MT on HBO linear channel*; available on demand Saturday morning
Theatrical & other films
- Menteur (Canadian film) – Thursday, April 2
- Overcomer – Friday, April 3
- Abominable – Friday, April 3 (on demand; linear premiere Saturday, April 4)
- Blinded by the Light – Friday, April 3 (on demand; linear premiere Saturday, April 4)
- A Dog's Journey – Friday, April 10
- The Art of Racing in the Rain – Friday, April 10
- Good Boys – Friday, April 10 (on demand; linear premiere Saturday, April 11)
- Good Girls Get High – Friday, April 10 (on demand; linear premiere Saturday, April 11)
- Lie Exposed (Canadian film) – Thursday, April 16
- Lucky Day (Canadian film) – Friday, April 17
- Stuber – Friday, April 17 (on demand; linear premiere Saturday, April 18)
- Rule of 3 (Canadian made-for-TV film) – Thursday, April 23
- Pain and Glory (Dolor y gloria) (Spanish film) – Friday, April 24
- It: Chapter Two – Friday, April 24 (on demand; linear premiere Saturday, April 25)
Leaving this month
Note that in certain cases, particularly for films from Universal / Focus, theatrical films may receive additional airings on Crave's linear channels for several weeks after their on-demand availability ends.
- April 9: Gemini
- April 11: Ocean's 8 (moving to Netflix Canada)
- April 16: Tag
- April 18: Alex & Me*
- April 19: Mobile Homes
- April 28: Thoroughbreds*
- April 29: Murdered at 17
- April 30: 7 Days in Entebbe^; Breaking In^; Deadpool 2; Santa Jaws; Upgrade
*Last airing on Crave's linear channels; no English-language on-demand availability (or ended in a prior month).
^May have subsequent airings on Crave's linear channels.
Starz series & specials
- Vida – Season 3, episode 1 – Sunday, April 26
- Weeds (2005) - Seasons 1-8 available on demand Monday, April 20; two episodes per week on Starz 1 linear channel starting Sunday, April 26
This month's additions to Starz notably include several Alfred Hitchcock films added early in the month.
- Friday, April 3: Dazed and Confused (1993); Dial M for Murder (1954); Frenzy (1972); Marnie (1964); North by Northwest (1959); Prisoners (2013); Psycho (1960); Rear Window (1954); Rope (1948); Saboteur (1942), Shadow of a Doubt (1943), St. Vincent (2014); Strangers on a Train (1951); The Birds (1963); The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956), Vertigo (1958); You Don't Mess with the Zohan (2008)
- Friday, April 10: Astro Boy (2009); Ghost in the Shell (2017); Hop (2011); My Blind Brother (2016); Gravity (2013); Sea of Life (2016 - also in Crave base package)
- Friday, April 17: All I Wish (2017); The F Word (2013); Knocked Up (2007); Wall Street (1987); Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)
- Friday, April 24: Lone Survivor (2013); The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
Leaving this month
All dates listed are for last date available on demand. Some programs may have airings on Starz' linear channels after this date; if known they are noted after the title (LLA = last linear airdate).
- April 3: The Take*
- April 9: Primary Colors*
- April 14: Frank & Lola*
- April 17: Breach*
- April 18: The Lobster
- April 24: In a Valley of Violence*
- April 26: Savages*
- April 27: Jarhead*
- April 28: Blue Valentine (LLA Apr 30); The Boy in the Striped Pajamas; Conduct Unbecoming; Fugitive Pieces; Grass (LLA Apr 29); The Ides of March; The Place Beyond the Pines; Red Riding 1974; Red Riding 1980; Red Riding 1983; Roadkill (LLA Apr 30); Shake Hands with the Devil (LLA Apr 30); Snow Cake; Stepmom; Storming Juno; Vic + Flo Saw a Bear; Zero Dark Thirty
- April 29: Ocean's Twelve
- April 30: The Adjustment Bureau; Alpha Dog; The Aviator; The Beach; Being John Malkovich; The Bourne Identity; The Bourne Legacy; The Bourne Supremacy; The Bourne Ultimatum; The Bridge on the River Kwai; Bulletproof; Dawn of the Dead; The Departed; Dreamcatcher; Early Winter; Elizabeth; Elizabeth: The Golden Age; Epic; Hidden; Hope Floats; The Hurricane; J. Edgar; Like Mike; My Internship in Canada; No Reservations; Notting Hill; Ray; Sea of Love; Steel Magnolias; Spider-Man 2; A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas
*Last airing on Starz' linear channels; no English-language on-demand availability (or ended in a prior month).
Unfortunately, Crave doesn't currently make monthly programming information for Super Écran (or for that matter its other French language programming) available in the same ways as its English language shows. Much of the available programming is typically similar to those in Movies + HBO, but release dates may vary (due to the time required to subtitle and/or dub programs).
A PDF print schedule showing programming on Super Écran's linear channels for April, with new additions highlighted – most if not all of which should also be available on demand – is available here.
Notable films being added to Super Écran which are not being added (or already in) to Crave's English language movie selection this month include:
- Rambo: La dernière mission (Rambo: Last Blood) – Saturday, April 11
- L'ultime assaut (Angel Has Fallen) – Saturday, April 18
- Fabuleuses (Québecois film) – Saturday, April 25
Both Rambo: Last Blood and Angel Has Fallen were distributed in Canada by VVS Films; based on other VVS-distributed films like The Farewell, you can expect the English language versions to show up around the same time (if not sooner) on Amazon Prime Video Canada.
Note that is typical for many HBO / Showtime series not to be available with French language tracks immediately – they may take several weeks or months to prepare. However there are occasional situations where Super Écran does not have French-language rights to new HBO or Showtime programs at all. In terms of new programming this month, this likely applies to season 2 of the Italian co-production My Brilliant Friend – the French-subtitled version of season 1 is available on Club Illico, and presumably that service will have first right of refusal on season 2.
- April 21: Added RuPaul's Secret Celebrity Drag Race.
- April 1: Updated status of talk-based shows, and rescheduling of I Know This Much is True to May; added some info about Super Écran programming for April.
Want to stay in the loop about TV and streaming in Canada?
We now offer an email newsletter about
once a week, with news about harder-to-find programs coming to Canadian TV and streaming, and a list of recent updates
to our site. Subscribe (for free!) below.
Where Can I Watch is published by Joshua Gorner, North York, Ontario, and is not affiliated with any broadcaster or streaming service.
Our email address is email@example.com (additional contact information available on request). We will store and use your address as described in our
One more thing...
Where Can I Watch is an independent, bootstrapped web publication. We don't like to
clutter our site with automated web ads, so we depend on our readers to support our
hosting and maintenance costs.
If you find our posts useful, please consider a one-time donation through our Buy Me a Coffee page –
or, consider a paid monthly or annual membership for just a few dollars a month, which
gives you access to exclusive member-only resources!