Everything of note we know of that's coming in October, including the returns of "Loki", "The Gilded Age", "Big Mouth", "Upload", and more.
Welcome to the August 21, 2023, edition of Watching This Week, the weekly newsletter from Where Can I Watch – covering the latest news on where TV shows and movies will be available in Canada.
This is another abbreviated summer edition focusing on updated listings for the coming week. We currently plan to resume fuller-length newsletters in early September.
What's new this week – August 21–27
Compiled from our monthly listings and/or any subsequent updates we've come across. We strive for accuracy but schedules may change without notice. Some series/seasons may have weekly rollouts; we won't list new episodes every week (though we may note significant episodes such as series finales). *An asterisk denotes programming added in past weeks that we've learned about (or has been rescheduled) since our last newsletter.
- Netflix: Squared Love Everlasting (3rd in the Polish rom-com film series – Wednesday); The Ultimatum (season 2 – most episodes Wednesday, finale Aug. 30); Ragnarok (season 3 – Thursday); Who is Erin Carter? (action series – Thursday); You Are So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah (comedy film starring Adam and Sunny Sandler – Friday)
- Disney+: Star Wars: Ahsoka (The Mandalorian spin-off – Wednesdays); Cinderella (4K restoration of 1950 film – Friday); The Squad: Home Run (French film – Friday); Vacation Friends 2 (buddy comedy film sequel – Friday)
- Crave: Tracy Morgan: Takin' It Too Far (Max stand-up comedy special – Thursday, Aug. 17*); Subjects of Desire (2021 Canadian doc – Monday); BS High (HBO sports doc – Wednesday); The Flash (2023 DC film – Friday*, per banners on Crave's website); The Silent Twins (2022 biopic – Friday); Somebody's Hiding Something (season 1, part 1 of the ID Canada series – Friday)
- Prime Video: Pizza 3: The Mummy (2023 Indian film – Thursday); Beautiful Disaster (2023 romance film – Friday); The Strange Case of a Claustrophobic Ghost (2023 Mexican film – Friday)
- CBC Gem: A Body That Works (2023 Israeli miniseries – Friday)
- Paramount+ (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): Order Up! (unscripted food series with Hudson Yang – Friday, Aug. 18*); additional episodes of Baby Shark's Big Show! and The Really Loud House (Tuesday); Organ Trail (2023 horror western film – Thursday); The Chosen (seasons 1-3 – Friday)
- Apple TV+: Invasion (season 2 – Wednesdays); Wanted: The Escape of Carlos Ghosn (docuseries – Friday)
- BritBox (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): Above Suspicion (2009–12 series – Tuesday); Inside No. 9 (season 8 – Friday)
- Starz (also available as an add-on/channel on Crave, Prime Video, and Apple TV): Jesus Revolution (2023 film – Friday)
This week in deals
As a reminder, we may get an affiliate commission for services you sign up for through links in this newsletter, which helps support our site maintenance, at no additional cost to you. Prices are in Canadian dollars before applicable sales taxes, and may change in the future.
- BritBox is currently offering $10 off the regular price for one year on its annual subscription – so $89.99 instead of $99.99 – for those subscribing directly through its website. The offer is available for new and returning subscribers until Tuesday, September 5 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific time.
Thanks for reading – we greatly appreciate your support. If you like this newsletter, please consider forwarding to a friend who might be interested, or if you're in a position to do so, support our hosting costs with a paid subscription, which includes access to our movie streaming rights database, or on a one-time basis via our Buy Me a Coffee page.
If you're new to Watching This Week, you can catch up on past editions here, and sign up to receive future editions on our website at https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/newsletter/. Or, if you're reading this on the web, you can use the form directly below.
We'll see you again next week.