Everything of note we know of that's coming in October, including the returns of "Loki", "The Gilded Age", "Big Mouth", "Upload", and more.
Welcome to the July 17, 2023 edition of Watching This Week, the weekly newsletter from Where Can I Watch – covering the latest news on where TV shows and movies will be available in Canada.
What's new this week – July 17–23
Compiled from our monthly listings and/or any subsequent updates we've come across. We strive for accuracy but schedules may change without notice. Some series/seasons may have weekly rollouts; we won't list new episodes every week (though we may note significant episodes such as series finales). *An asterisk denotes programming added in past weeks that we've learned about (or has been rescheduled) since our last newsletter.
- Netflix: The Batman (2022 film – Tuesday); The Deepest Breath (freediving doc – Wednesday); Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (2021 film – Thursday); Supa Team 4 (South African family series – Thursday); Sweet Magnolias (season 3 – Thursday); They Cloned Tyrone (sci-fi comedy film – Friday)
- Disney+: The Bear (season 2 – Wednesdays) [Note: The Watchful Eye is no longer expected to made available following a recent Disney tax writeoff which also saw it removed from Hulu]
- Crave: Love Island USA (season 5 – multiple episodes weekly starting Tuesday); Clerks Ⅲ (2022 sequel – Friday); Missing (2023 sequel to Searching – Friday);
- Prime Video: Degrassi franchise (all series / telefilms from 1979–2015 – Tuesday); Hello Kitty: Super Style! (season 5 – Tuesday); Fit Check: Confessions of an Ukay Queen (Filipino series – Thursday); The Hunt for Karl Lagerfeld’s Millions (docuseries – Friday); Libre De Reir (Mexican series – Friday); Made in Heaven (Indian series – Friday); Shim Kamen Rider (2023 Japanese film – Friday)
- CBC Gem: The Dog Academy (British docuseries S1, part 1 – Friday)
- Paramount+ (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): I Wanna Rock: The ‘80s Metal Dream (docuseries – Tuesday); Walker (seasons 1–3 – Tuesday); Wynonna Judd: Between Hell and Hallelujah (music doc – Wednesday); Buddy Games: Spring Awakening (2023 comedy sequel – Wednesday); Boris Becker: The Rise and Fall (tennis docuseries – Friday); Paradise City (2022 action film – Friday); Special Ops: Lioness (spy thriller series – Sundays)
- Apple TV+: Stephen Curry: Underrated (doc – Friday)
- BritBox (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): Silent Witness (season 26 – Tuesday); 24 Hours in Police Custody (season 10 – Friday)
- ABC Spark (no streaming
but available on-demand through TV providers): Praise Petey (Freeform adult animated series starring the voice of Annie Murphy – Fridays [two episodes weekly]) [Update (Aug. 12): It appears that ABC Spark may not have on-demand rights to this series after all; we have not been able to find it on Rogers or elsewhere.]
- Discovery: Shark Week (begins Sunday at 8:00 p.m. ET)
- FX (also on Citytv+): Justified: City Primeval (sequel miniseries – Tuesdays)
- BBC Earth (also on Prime Video) – Stargazing ("Moon Landing Special" – Friday)
- Starz (also available as an add-on/channel on Crave, Prime Video, and Apple TV): Minx season 2 – Fridays)
Thanks for reading – we greatly appreciate your support. If you like this newsletter, please consider forwarding to a friend who might be interested, or if you're in a position to do so, support our hosting costs with a paid subscription, which includes access to our movie streaming rights database, or on a one-time basis via our Buy Me a Coffee page.
If you're new to Watching This Week, you can catch up on past editions here, and sign up to receive future editions on our website at https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/newsletter/. Or, if you're reading this on the web, you can use the form directly below.
We'll see you again next week.