Everything of note we know of that's coming in October, including the returns of "Loki", "The Gilded Age", "Big Mouth", "Upload", and more.
Welcome to the March 13, 2023, edition of Watching This Week, the weekly newsletter from Where Can I Watch – covering the latest news on where TV shows and movies will be available in Canada.
As mentioned last week, due to upcoming personal events, this is an abbreviated edition focusing on listings for the coming seven days. We plan to return to our regular level of content in a couple of weeks.
What's new this week – March 13–19
Compiled from our monthly listings and/or any subsequent updates we've come across. We strive for accuracy but schedules may change without notice. Some series/seasons may have weekly rollouts; we won't list new episodes every week (though we may note significant episodes such as series finales). *An asterisk denotes programming added in past weeks that we've learned about (or has been rescheduled) since our last newsletter.
- Netflix: Bert Kreischer: Razzle Dazzle (comedy special – Tuesday); Money Shot: The Pornhub Story (doc – Wednesday); Shadow & Bone (season 2 – Thursday); Dance 100 (reality competition – Friday); In His Shadow (thriller film – Friday); The Magician's Elephant (family film – Friday)
- Disney+: Doogie Howser, M.D. (1989–93 series – Wednesday); My Family (Japanese series – Wednesday); Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts (season 2 – Wednesday); Wedding Agreement: The Series (Indian series – Wednesday); Where is Private Dulaney? (Hulu docuseries – Wednesday); Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, with Dave Letterman ("docu-special" – Friday); Boston Strangler (drama film – Friday);
- Crave: Just for Laughs 2022: The Gala Specials – Chelsea Handler (Friday); The Mauritanian (2021 film – Friday); See How They Run (2022 film – Friday)
- Prime Video: Happy Endings (2011–13 series – Wednesday); Angel Flight (Japanese series – Thursday); Class of '07 (Australian series –Thursday); Detective Knight: Independence (action film – Friday); Dom (season 2 – Friday); Last Light (2022 Peacock miniseries – Friday); The Nigerian Trade (we think this a film – Friday); Swarm (drama series – Friday);
- CBC Gem: 52nd Juno Awards (main telecast – Monday at 8:00 p.m. ET); Norwegian-ish (Nordic dramedy series – Monday); Upright (season 2 – Wednesday); Fait divers (seasons 3 and 4 – Friday); I Am Syd Stone (2021 film – Friday);
- Paramount+ (also available as a channel on Prime Video and Apple TV): Escape at Dannemora (2018 Showtime miniseries – Tuesday); The Journey with Andrea Bocelli (docuseries – Tuesday); The Inspection (2022 drama film – Friday); Jinkx Monsoon: Red Head Redemption (comedy special – Friday); Monster in the Shadows (Peacock docuseries – Friday)
- Apple TV+: Ted Lasso (season 3 – Wednesdays)
- PBS (most shows streaming on Passport and PBS Masterpiece on Prime Video): Call the Midwife (season 12 – Sundays); Sanditon (season 3 – Sundays); Marie Antoinette (historical drama – Sundays)
- Showcase (also on StackTV): Gotham Knights (CW DC series – Tuesdays)
- W Network (also on StackTV): The Best Man: The Final Chapters (Peacock limited series – Thursdays)
- CTV Sci-Fi: Superman & Lois (Wednesdays)
- BBC Earth (in free preview on most TV providers; also available as a channel on Prime Video): Serengeti Ⅲ (nature docuseries – Sundays)
- AMC (available on AMC+ on Prime Video and Apple TV): Lucky Hank (drama series starring Bob Odenkirk – Sundays)
- Starz (also available as an add-on/channel on Crave, Prime Video, and Apple TV): Power Book Ⅱ: Ghost (season 3 – Fridays)
Thanks for reading this abbreviated newsletter – we greatly appreciate your support. If you like this newsletter, please consider forwarding to a friend who might be interested, or if you're in a position to do so, support our hosting costs with a paid subscription, which includes access to our movie streaming rights database, or on a one-time basis via our Buy Me a Coffee page.
A reminder that we do welcome questions by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org; those of general interest may be included in future newsletters unless specifically requested.
If you're new to Watching This Week, you can catch up on past editions here, and sign up to receive future editions on our website at https://www.wherecaniwatch.ca/newsletter/. Or, if you're reading this on the web, you can use the form directly below.
We'll see you again next week.